Accommodation is available for the attendees in hotel conveniently located at the CERN Campus. Attendees can also seek accommodation in the numerous options located in the area, from high-end hotels in Geneva downtown, to more affordable ones in the French countryside.
Hotel at the CERN Campus
The CERN hotel is available for scientists and engineers visiting the organization for short stays. It are located at the CERN campus only a 1-minute walk from the Plugfest location and a 3-minute walk from the Main Auditorium where the symposium will be held. We propose this as the most convenient and affordable option for the conference attendees.
There is a block of rooms reserved for the attendees under the group name ISPCS2018. This block is available from September 29th to October 6th. There are two types of rooms:
- Single room: 58 CHF/night
- Double room: 77 CHF/night
The deadline to reserve a room is August 30, 2018.
NOTE: In the GUARANTEE (mandatory) section of the reservation form, if you do not know what the "Team account" or "Budget code" are, you need to leave these fields blank, send the form and then call the CERN Hotel at the number provided in the form to confirm your reservation with you credit card number.
*Participants of the ISPCS and the WR Workshop should consult the WR Workshop website to find out about CERN Hostel reservation for both events.
About the CERN Hotel
• CERN hotel offers very simple rooms with basic amenities. If you are looking for a higher-end option, please check the following section.
• WiFi access at CERN is free and requires registration. Specific instructions will be provided upon registration to ISPCS2018.
• Check in: 2:00 PM.
• Check out: 12:00 PM.
• Hotel reception opening hours:
o Mon-Fri 07:30 am to 01:00 am
o Sat-Sun 09:00 am to 01:00 am
• If you need to check out outside reception opening hours, please make sure to pay in advance.
• If you arrive outside reception opening hours, please contact the reception in advance.
• Hotel reception contact:
o Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
o Phone: +41 22 767 44 81
• Detailed information about CERN Hotel can be found on the CERN Housing website
• If you plan to arrive by car, please state this in the conference registration form or inform the organizers well in advance. Car registration is essential to access the CERN campus with private car. Once registered, the parking space is free.
Other hotels in the area
ISPCS 2018 participants could also be accommodated in hotels in downtown Geneva or in the nearby French borders – Please find options here. Public transportation from downtown Geneva to CERN takes 20-30 min and costs 3CHF. Shuttles (usually free of charge) from hotels in France to CERN take 15 minutes.